Jean Monnet Summer School on Climate Change, Health and the Environment
University of Salerno, 2-6 July 2018
Course description: After the successful performance of the editions 2015-2017 (attended by more than 50 participants from all over Europe), the University of Salerno will host the fourth edition of the Summer Law School on International and European Environmental Law, with focus on Climate Change, Health and the Environment, organised by the Jean Monnet Chair in European Health, Environmental and Food Safety Law (www.jean-monnet-chair-healthy.eu) and the "Observatory on Human Rights: Bioethics, Health, Environment" (www.odubsa.unisa.it), in collaboration with the European Law Students' Association - ELSA Salerno, and with the sponsorship of the European Association of Health Law.
Opening conferenceon "The Law and Governance of Climate Change: International and EU Dimensions" (2 July 2018) download PROGRAMME
• prof. Jan Wouters, Full professor of International Law and International Organization, holder of the Jean Monnet Chair ad personam "EU and Global Governance", University of Leuven
•dr. Hans Bruyninckx, Executive Director of the European Environment Agency
• dr. Soo Young Hwang, Human Rights Officer, United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
• prof. Vugar Mammadov, Vice-President of the European Association of Health Law.
• prof. Pia Acconci, Associate professor of International and EU Law, University of Teramo
• prof. Javier Fernández Pons, Associate professor of Public International Law and International Relations, member of the Jean Monnet Chair "European Environmental Law", University of Barcelona
• dr. Marlies Hesselman, Lecturer in International Law, University of Groningen
• dr. Daniela Marrani, Researcher in International Law, University of Salerno
• prof. Stefania Negri, Associate professor of International Law, holder of the Jean Monnet Chair “European Health, Environmental and Food Safety Law”, University of Salerno
• prof. Anna Oriolo, Associate professor of International and EU Law, University of Salerno
• prof. Amandine Orsini, Professor of Political Science, holder of the Jean Monnet Module "EU Environmental Policies & Law (POLLEN) Interdisciplinary Module", University Saint Louis of Bruxelles
• dr. Rossana Palladino, Researcher of EU Law, holder of the Jean Monnet Module "Asylum seekers protection under evolution", University of Salerno
• prof. Riccardo Pavoni, Associate professor of International Law, holder of the Jean Monnet Module "European Union Law and Sustainable Development", University of Siena
• prof. Lorenzo Schiano di Pepe, Full professor of EU Law, holder of the Jean Monnet Chair "International and European Law of the Sea", University of Genova
Aim of the course: This Summer School offers an intensive and specialistic course focusing on the current challenges facing the international community with regard to the protection of the environment and public health from the effects of climate change. Core environmental and health-related issues will be addressed through an in-depth analysis of existing international legal instruments, EU law and policies and the relevant case law, combining legal theory with practical application and case studies.
Course leader: prof. Stefania Negri, holder of the Jean Monnet Chair "European Health, Environmental and Food Safety Law" (HEALTHY) (www.jean-monnet-healthy.eu), Director of the "Observatory on Human Rights: Bioethics, Health, Environment" (www.odubsa.unisa.it)
Target audience: LLM students, graduates, PhD students, lawyers, health and environmental professionals.
Tuition fee: € 200
For info: email@example.com
To submit your application, please fill in the application form (click HERE)
This course is also present in Summer Schools in Europe (www.summerschoolsineurope.eu)